Thursday 9 June 2011

36 hours in...

It's a day and a half since my last fag. It's going well and it's quite exciting too. It's a lot of fun when I get an "I fancy a cigarette" feeling in my head, to tell it to fuck off, and then celebrate having done that. It reminds me that these withdrawal symptoms are nothing to be concerned about. It's all about being positive, and seeing everything about quitting as a good thing.

I tend to get small withdrawals when I leave the house, when I get to a bus stop or get off a bus, or when I get to the door outside work. Not so much when I'm in one place. How odd. When I'm at home or at work I barely think about smoking. I thought I would miss the 3 or 4 little breaks I would get at work more than breaking up the journey that gets me there. And all withdrawals are is the feeling that I fancy a cigarette. It's not a big deal.

Anyway, that's that so far. I may bore you all with another update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment